facebook transparent twitter
Go Back  

SawFirst Forum

> SawFirst - About Your Virtual Presence > Windows / Mac / Android

Windows / Mac / Android Anything you need to know or let us know, post here.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Default 3rd Gen Threadripper AMD CPU's are not compatible for hackintoshing

READ THIS GUIDE - 3rd Gen Threadripper AMD CPU's are not compatible for hackintoshing

While AMD CPUs can work but we advise against them due to numerous issues still plaguing them as they're not natively supported. They require quite a bit more work to get setup but for those who like would prefer AMD there is the AMD Vanilla Guide.
Common issues with AMD:
  • Adobe Products don't always work and there is no fix for lightroom at the moment
    • some fixes can be found here: Adobe Fixes
    • Do note these fixes just disable functionality, they're not real fixes
  • Virtual Machine running off of AppleHV's framework will not work(ie: Parallels 15)
    • VirtualBox works fine as it doesn't use AppleHV
  • Docker broken
    • Docker toolbox is based off of VirtualBox, many features are unavailable with this
  • Xcode AppleWatch simulator is broken in Catalina
    • Mojave works fine
  • Microphone input is not available with AppleALC requiring VoodooHDA(quite a bit worse audio quality and overall instability)
  • Audio Drift issues on Ryzen APUs(G series Chips)
    • USB DAC is only fix besides new CPU
  • Difficult to setup Sleep(or impossible on some systems)
  • No CPU Power Management
  • Not all USB ports work on some boards
    • This is due to not being assigned in ACPI, you need to manually add them in your DSDT
  • Delayed updates
  • 3rd Gen Threadripper doesn't work at all
AMD CPUs:
  • AMD Ryzen 1000 Series
  • AMD Ryzen 2000 Series
  • AMD Ryzen 3000 Series
  • AMD Athlon
  • AMD ThreadRipper
  • AMD FX Series
With Intel, the thanks to most of the CPUs being quite similar they have support when the CPU is spoofed to a supported model. The only downside is that the iGPU rarely work on Atom/Pentium/Celeron these models meaning a cheap iGPU Hackintosh is impossible with these CPUs. Regarding X99/LGA 2011-V3 CPUs, there's the issue that these CPUs were never shipped in a real Mac so quite a few issues are present when running macOS on these systems. Avoid if possible
Dual Socket User Note: Do note that the macOS kernel only supports a maximum of 64 threads. So for baller setups please be aware. And for dual socket users, you will need to use AppleMCEReporterDisabler in macOS Catalina
[28 April 2015 10:23 am] She said: right now i am still on my bed going nowhere
[28 April 2015 10:23 am] She said: just here....
[28 April 2015 10:24 am] She said: now i want you please to rest.sleep as much as u can.
[28 April 2015 10:24 am] She said: dont think about anything else....
[28 April 2015 10:25 am] She said: remember that i am only yours and u r only mine.
[28 April 2015 10:25 am] She said: and i love you more than what u see in me
[28 April 2015 10:26 am] She said: (kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(k iss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kis s)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss) (kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)

Tags
3rd, amd, compatible, cpu, gen, hackintoshing, threadripper

CONTACT US