facebook transparent twitter
Go Back  

SawFirst Forum

> SawFirst - About Your Virtual Presence > Windows / Mac / Android

Windows / Mac / Android Anything you need to know or let us know, post here.

Old 07-14-2020, 02:40 PM
SAW MY LAST POST ?

Default How to increase the Tab text Size in Firefox and make it recognize userChrome.css

How to increase the Tab text Size in Firefox and make it recognize userChrome.css

Actually Mozilla team has disabled support for these 2 CSS files in newer versions of Firefox browser. That's why the code present in these files is no longer functional.

and the custom created userChrome.css file is not recognized,

guide for creating userChrome.css file

Here's how you set that up (full details below):
  1. Open your currently active profile folder
  2. Create a new folder named chrome
  3. Create a desktop shortcut (alias) to the chrome folder for easier future access
  4. Make sure your OS is set to show you file extensions like .txt and .css
  5. Create a new text file inside the chrome folder named userChrome.css
  6. Change a preference in Firefox so it looks for your files at startup.

Now considering you have done the steps until it shows the userChrome.css file in BrowserToolbox but you can't find it. (watch the video for mac part as well, it helps in installation of windows as well!!)

Here's how to do futher and make firefox recognize it.

Fortunately Mozilla team has provided a built-in preference/flag to re-enable or restore support for userChrome.css and userContent.css files in Firefox so that interested users can again use both CSS files to change Firefox UI and functionality.
If you also want to bring back support for userChrome.css and userContent.css files in Firefox web browser and want to make them working again, following steps will help you:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll show you a warning message, click on "I accept the risk!" button. It'll open Firefox's hidden secret advanced configuration page i.e. about:config page.
2. Now type stylesheets in Search filter box and look for following preference in the window:
Code:
toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets
The preference value is set to false by default, which means the support for both CSS files is currently disabled in Firefox browser.
3. To restore support for both CSS files, double-click on toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheet s preference and set it to true.

Now when you will return in browser toolbox, you will find this file userChrome.css to be edited to your liking.

Here's my css:
Code:
label.tab-text {   
font-size: 15px !important;
 font-weight: 600 !important;
}

Last edited by Pretty Girl; 07-19-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Tags
firefox, increase, make, recognize, size, tab, text, userchromecss

CONTACT US