facebook transparent twitter
Go Back  

SawFirst Forum

> SawFirst - About Your Virtual Presence > Windows / Mac / Android

Windows / Mac / Android Anything you need to know or let us know, post here.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:26 PM
I CAN POST MORE !!!

Default How to Fix Blurry Fonts in MacOS Catalina for Non-Retina Displays

Subpixel antialiasing, also known as font smoothing, by default. On a MacBook Air or a desktop Mac hooked up to a non-Retina display, upgrading will make your fonts look worse. Update: We’ve found a better method that will actually re-enable subpixel antialiasing rather than just relying on font smoothing. Open a Terminal and run the following command:
Code:
defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO

Log out and log back in for your changes to take effect. Thanks to Dean Herbert for reporting this to us.
Here’s the Difference

Subpixel antialiasing is a trick designed to make fonts look better on lower-resolution displays. Without this feature enabled by default, macOS Mojave makes text look thinner and more blurry on non-Retina displays.
(As some eagle-eyed readers have noticed, the below trick doesn’t technically enable subpixel antialiasing. However, this does increase font weight, which makes fonts look less jagged and all-around better on the MacBook Air and other low-resolution displays.)
While subpixel font smoothing is disabled by default, you can re-enable it with a terminal command. There are four possible settings: 0 (disabled), 1 (light smoothing), 2 (medium smoothing), and 3 (heavy smoothing).

Code:
defaults -currentHost write -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing -int 3
Old 01-14-2020, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Remove all adjustments to font smoothing in Mac OS and return to default settings

This command will remove any custom font smoothing setting:
Code:
defaults -currentHost delete -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing

This command will revert the change to rendering font smoothing settings back to the default in macOS Mojave:
Code:
defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool YES

Again, restart the Mac or log out and back in again for the change to take effect.
[28 April 2015 10:23 am] She said: right now i am still on my bed going nowhere
[28 April 2015 10:23 am] She said: just here....
[28 April 2015 10:24 am] She said: now i want you please to rest.sleep as much as u can.
[28 April 2015 10:24 am] She said: dont think about anything else....
[28 April 2015 10:25 am] She said: remember that i am only yours and u r only mine.
[28 April 2015 10:25 am] She said: and i love you more than what u see in me
[28 April 2015 10:26 am] She said: (kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(k iss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kis s)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss) (kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)(kiss)

Tags
blurry, catalina, displays, fix, fonts, macos, nonretina

CONTACT US